Ihwa Mural Village

Hello sweethearts! Recently many people have been told to stop with this blog hiatus of mine haha, so I'm back again with my blog posts! I'll be done with exams very soon so I'll try to update this as often as I can, as I've been doing many things these past few weeks and I need to tell you guys about them!

Let's start with yesterday's adventure to Ihwa Mural Village. My friend Alex from my university came from Nanjing, China (where he's studying as an exchange student, just like me here in Korea) visited Seoul for a few days with me and some other friends of him. We met up last week but this time we met to do some real sightseeing together. I took him to Ihwa Mural Village, a very beautiful place up in a hill in the center of Seoul. The local Public Art Committee carried out the Naksan Project in 2006 to improve the local environment of Ihwa Village (which was kind of abandoned until then). Approximately 60 artists painted walls and installed artworks for the project. 



Hola amores! Recientemente me han dicho varias veces que termine ya con esta pausa del blog haha, así que aquí estoy de vuelta con mis posts! Terminaré los exámenes muy prontito ya así que intentaré poneros al día más a menudo, he estado haciendo varias cosas durante éstas últimas semanas y quiero contaros sobre todo lo que he visto y hecho!

Vamos a empezar con mi aventura de ayer a la Aldea de Murales Ihwa. Mi amigo Alex de mi universidad vino de Nanjing, China (donde está estudiando como estudiante de intercambio, como yo aquí en Corea) visitó Seúl durante unos días y para verse con amigos suyos y conmigo. Quedamos la semana pasada ya, pero ésta vez decidimos ir de turismo juntos. Lo llevé a la Aldea de Murales Ihwa, un sitio muy bonito en una pequeña colina en el centro de Seúl. El Comité local de Arte Público llevó a cabo el Proyecto Naksan en 2006 para mejorar el ambiente local de la aldea (que estaba algo abandonada en ése momento). Aproximadamente 60 artistas pintaron las paredes de ésta y se instalaron varias obras de arte para el proyecto.


Typical mirror selfie with my DLSR
La típica selfie de espejo con mi reflex

A very curious barber shop we found on the way to Ihwa
Una barbería muy curiosa de camino a Ihwa


You can tell it's uphill, huh?
Se puede ver que es algo empinado, verdad? 



There was no way to take a proper picture of the painted stairs without people passing by... >:
No hubo manera de sacar una foto decente de éstas escaleras sin gente pasando por delante... >:






I loved those murals with kitties&bunnys ^-^
Me encantó este mural de gatitos y conejitos ^-^







A cute girl playing with a bubble gun ^-^
Una niña muy mona jugando con una pistola de pompas ^-^



Posing for the pictureeeee!
Posando para la fotoooooo!



Then we went downhill again, back to the civilization. We had a very nice weather that day, it seems spring is finally settling down and sometimes we don't even need a jacket to go out :) Also my friend Johnny is getting his driving license very soon so we're gonna go for one-day trips around the country very soon! Can't wait to keep discovering the country with my friends ^-^ I don't have much time left in Korea, so I'll make sure it's worth it!

Luego ya fuimos para abajo, de vuelta a la civilización. Tuvimos muy bien tiempo ése día, parece que la primavera finalmente ha decidido asentarse y a veces ya ni siquiera necesitamos una chaqueta para salir a pasear :) Además mi amigo Johnny se va a sacar su permiso de conducir muy pronto, así que ya estamos planeando hacer excursiones de in día por el país! Qué ganas de seguir descubriendo el país con mis amigos ^-^ No me queda mucho más tiempo en Corea, así que voy a hacer que valga la pena!


CL 

2 comments:

  1. Hermoso todo el arte urbano, tú pareces de catálogo :D abrazos Clau...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always loved korea... but i think this village will be one of the things i'm going to visit if i'll ever go there! and woa, you were an exchange student, how cool!

    ReplyDelete

Ihwa Mural Village

Hello sweethearts! Recently many people have been told to stop with this blog hiatus of mine haha, so I'm back again with my blog posts...