Princess Café with Merrily

Last Monday my American friend Merrily and I went to a princess café in Ewha Womans University, in Seoul. It's a place we both wanted to go for a long time now, pretty cheesy (as you'll see from now) but beautifully furnished and decorated. In Princess Diary you have the opportunity of wearing a beautiful wedding dress or a hanbok, a traditional Korean costume. I was dying to turn myself into a princess for once in my life, haha!

El lunes pasado fui con mi amiga americana Merrily a un princess café en Ewha Womans University aquí en Seúl. Es un sitio al que queríamos ir desde hacía tiempo, bastante ñoño (como veréis por las fotos) pero elegantemente decorado. En el Princess Diary puedes probarte un bonito vestido de novia o un hanbok, el vestido tradicional coreano. Me moría de ganas de convertirme en una princesa por primera vez en mi vida, haha!



Very flowery and vintage looking as you can tell :B

The wedding dresses you could choose from. Long, short tailed, fuzzy, simple, princess-like... All kinds!
Aquí los vestidos de novia que podrías escoger. Largos, con cola corta, con velo, simple, de princesita... Tenías de todo tipo!



Merrily and I decided to go for a hanbok first. The owner gave us these pictures of the several hanbok combinations we could choose from. She went for a beige-blue hanbok and I tried a beige-pink one.

Merrily y yo decidimos probar con un hanbok primero. La barista nos dio unas bolsitas con fotografías de las varias partes del hanbok plastificadas para que pudiéramos hacer la combinación que quisiéramos. Ella escogió una combinación de beige y azul y yo opté por beige y rosa.

You had to order a drink as well, so I went for an Oreo milkshake
Tenías que pedir una bebida también, así que me pedí un milkshake de Oreo

Merrily and our Instax cameras, hehe ^-^
Merrily y nuestras cámaras Instax, hehe ^-^

And ta-da! Posing like real Korean princesses :B
Y tachán! Posando como princesitas coreanas :B



The owner of the cafe made us pose in different ways, it was fun! :B
La propietaria nos hizo posar de varias maneras, fue divertido! :B



Yeah, I know how to play the piano n' stuff... :B
Si, sé tocar el piano y tal... :B


Hanbok-selfie with my DLSR
Selfie de hanbok con mi réflex


After taking a break of the hanbok (it was super hot!) I decided to try on another dress, this time a wedding/princess costume. The owner helped me put on my tiara and fixed my hair a little bit. I felt so pretty wearing that beautiful white dress *-* Back when I was a kid I always dreamed of being a princess, and I loved wearing fuzzy dresses! Now with (almost) 22 years-old, I finally made my childhood dream come true! XD

Al rato de descansar del hanbok (que por cierto daba mucha calor!) decidí probarme un vestido de novia/princesa. La barista de nuevo me ayudó a ponerme la tiara y a arreglarme el pelo. Me sentí guapísima con ése vestido blanco *-* Cuando era niña siempre soñaba con ser princesa y llevar vestidos pomposos! Ahora con (casi) 22 años finalmente hice realidad mi sueño de la infancia! XD





The owner took a photoshoot of me with the dress. I have to say it'd kind of uncomfortable, it has this kind of corset inside and my ribs were super tight... It was difficult to breathe! Haha

La propietaria del café me hizo una sesión de fotos con el vestido. Tengo que decir que era algo incómodo, tenía una especie de corsé por dentro que me apretaba las costillas... Me costaba respirar! Haha











The shoes were horrible but Merrily wanted to take a picture of them xD
Los zapatos eran horribles pero Merrily quiso tomarles una foto xD


Posing with Mr. Nutcracker, being a ghetto princess :B
Posando con el señor Cascanueces, como una princesa chunga :B
It was kind of expensive though, as you had to pay for the drink (8000 won/ $7.80 / 5.79€) and trying on a dress for 30 min was around 25000 won ($24 / 18.10€ depending on the dress). But it was worth it! Definitely a place you would visit once or twice with your girl friends or boyfriend just to take pictures, haha. I had so much fun, it had been a long time since I hung out with Merrily and it was great being with her again. I'm gonna miss her so much when I go back home >: I hope I can meet up with her when I go back to the US to see Peter!

Fue algo caro la verdad, ya que tenías que pagar por la bebida (8000 wones/ $7.80 / 5.79€) y probarte un vestido unos 30 minutos eran unos 25.000 wones ($24 / 18.10€ depende del vestido). Pero valió la pena. Un sitio que visitar una o dos veces con tus amigas o tu novio para hacerte fotos, haha. Me lo pasé muy bien, hacía tiempo que no salía con Merrily y fue genial volver a pasar tiempo juntas. La voy a echar muchos de menos cuando vuelva a casa >: Espero volver a verla en EEUU cuando vuelva a visitar a Peter!



Oh, and I guess you guys noticed now... I cut my hair short ;)
Ah, y supongo que ya lo habréis notado... Me he cortado el pelo corto ;)






CL





2 comments:

  1. que hermoso lugar, y maravilloso que puedas vestir de novia aunque a mi en lo personal me da un poco de miedo ese vestido para mi jejeje, adoro las camaras instax se pueden hacer hermosas fotografias y decorarlas como uno quiere

    ReplyDelete

Ihwa Mural Village

Hello sweethearts! Recently many people have been told to stop with this blog hiatus of mine haha, so I'm back again with my blog posts...